Marriage Based Greencard.png


Green card through family (Legal Permanent Residency)


Immediate relatives of US Citizens and certain relatives of Legal Permanent Residents are eligible for green cards. 

Preference Categories

  • First preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. (Adult means 21 or older)
  • Second Preference (2A): Spouses of green card holders, unmarried children (under 21) of permanent residents
  • Second Preference (2B): Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents
  • Third Preference: Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens
  • Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens

Please see Visa Bulletin for August 2014:

Family of US Citizens

  • Spouse;
  • Children;
  • Parents; and
  • Siblings.

Once a US citizen files the I-130 Petition for their spouse, they are eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa. This will entitle them to come to the US to live and work while the visa petition is pending.

Family of Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders)

  • Spouse;
  • Unmarried children under 21; and
  • Unmarried son or daughter of any age

Free inquiry

Enter details below or call

+44 (0)203 102 7966

Name *