Visa Waiver.png

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating countries to travel to the United States without a visa for stays of 90 days or less, when they meet all requirements. Travelers must be eligible to use the VWP and have a valid ESTA approval prior to travel.

Eligible Countries Include:

United Kingdom, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium Brunei, Denmark, Finland, Chile, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland.

Citizens of the above countries may be eligible to travel to the United States visa free, if they are traveling for business, pleasure, or are in transit, and meet the requirements:

  • Are in possession of a full validity, machine readable or e-passport with an electronic chip;
  • The travel is on an approved carrier;
  • The purpose of the trip is strictly for business, pleasure or transit for less than 90 days;
  • The individual is not ineligible to receive a visa under U.S. visa law;
  • Is holding a return or onwards travel ticket;
  • Has received authorization to travel under the Electronic System Travel Authorization (ESTA). 

You apply for ESTA via this website:

Please note that there may be other requirements that apply and if in doubt, please schedule a free telephone consultation with our office.

Additional Countries

Citizens of the following additional countries may be eligible to travel under the VWP:

The Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Slovakia the Republic of Korea and Taiwan they are in possession of an electronic passport (e-passport) and they meet the above requirements.

Grounds for ineligibility for VWP

  • Any arrest, even if this did not result in a criminal conviction;
  • Those with criminal records, and cautions;
  • Certain serious communicable illnesses; and
  • Those who have either:
    • Been refused admission to the United States;
    • Been deported from the United States; or
    • Have over-stayed on the VWP or any other visa.

These are some examples of activities not permitted on the VWP and require visas for travel to the United States:

  • Study, for credit
  • Employment Work as foreign press, radio, film, journalists, or other information media 
  • Permanent residence in the United States

Free inquiry

Enter details below or call

+44 (0)203 102 7966

Name *