UK Exporters in a Post-Brexit World

This week City AM wrote about how British Businesses should look to the American Dream in Post-Brexit world. The pound falling in value has created an increase in US demand for UK products. And that is a very good thing for those British businesses who are looking to expand into the US. 

Does your business export more than 50% of its international goods or services to the US? Then it may be eligible for an E-1 treaty trader visa, where businesses from treaty trader nations like the UK are able to set up US branches. 

If you do not meet the 50% threshold, other potential visa options are the E-2 treaty investor visa, or the L-1 new office intracompany transfer visa. Or your company may be eligible for more than one visa category - in which case, sitting down with a US Immigration Lawyer to learn which is the right way to go should be your first step. 

To speak with an experienced US Immigration Lawyer about options for expanding your business into the US, please email or call +44(0)203 102 7966